Flow-Rite seeks an Operations Manager to help us change the world by creating unique and useful solutions for our customers. Does the idea of joining an organization continuously growing revenue, people, and products appeal to you? Are you someone who is an inquisitive thinker, is willing to get your hands dirty, and likes to have fun in the process? Then we may be a perfect fit.
What you will be doing:
This person will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing Flow-Rite Controls’ production to ensure goods are produced safely, within quality standards, and on time.
- Responsible for managing and communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; training; coaching, counseling, motivating and disciplining employees; and applying systems, policies and procedures.
- Manages the activities of a 24-hour a day manufacturing operation, to include: monitoring processes, methods and equipment.
- Engaging with zone leads during shift change, assuring transition of operational information between shifts.
- Participate in various problem resolution activities and operational strategies.
- Monitor schedules to ensure production meets all deadlines while maintaining standards in quality.
- Utilize organizational resources in all aspects of the production process to achieve strategic goals in increasing productivity and efficiencies.
- Identifies manpower needs and submits requests to the Operations Director.
- Ensures adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Identifies improvements to the production process.
- Responsible for tracking and trending key performance indicators to ensure production is meeting and exceeding organizational goals and expectations.
The stuff you know:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment or the equivalent work experience.
- Experience with ISO standards.
- Must be able to function in a cross functional team environment including; production, quality, engineering, sales, shipping/receiving and maintenance.
- Experience leading in a lean manufacturing environment including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, process flow diagrams, standardize work and continuous improvement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and associates.
About Flow-Rite Controls: Flow-Rite Controls, one of “Michigan’s 50 Companies to watch”, is a privately held family owned, manufacturing company based in Byron Center, Michigan. Flow-Rite designs, manufactures, and markets fluid control devices for lead acid batteries, recreational boats, laboratory, and medical use. As a vertically integrated company, our capabilities include a full service engineering department, tool room, molding operation, warehousing, manufacturing, as well as sales and marketing teams. For more information about Flow-Rite, visit us on the web at: www.flow-rite.com.
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
960 74th Street SW
Byron Center, MI 49315